In this fast-paced digital era, you must’ve come across the term software development outsourcing. Superficially you might feel like outsourcing software is a complex process.
But, just look at the market size – 129 million dollars and it is projected to reach a staggering 429 million dollars by 2025.
So, what is software outsourcing all about? How and when should you do it? Read on to find out!
What is Software Development Outsourcing?
To put it simply, software development outsourcing is a practice done by startups, SMEs and large enterprises where they assign certain software development tasks to a third-party vendor instead of leveraging in-house team/resources.
Whichever industry you look at, you will come across some sort of outsourcing being done as it is cost-effective and efficient.
When it comes to the technology domain, one of the most commonly outsourced IT functions is software development. In fact, according to a leading report, out of all the outsourcing activities in the IT field, more than 60% of outsourcing is done for software development purposes.
Why should you outsource software development?
Simply imagine this: You own a tech enterprise/firm and want to develop software in a cost-effective & efficient way. How would you do it?
By outsourcing the work to third-party vendors!
Some of the biggest benefits of software outsourcing are:
- You don’t need to rent a separate office space to accommodate all the employees.
- You don’t have to set up the development infrastructure
- You don’t have to spend your precious time and resources to hire and put together a professional team.
- Software and Product Development becomes blazing fast and cost-effective when compared to in-house development practices.
Apart from these, there are many other exciting advantages that entail software outsourcing:
Easily gain access to Deep Knowledge & Superior Tech Talent
Software development outsourcing is an ingenious way to make up for a lack of in-house resources which includes professionals, infrastructure & other requirements. This enables you to worry less about software development and focus on other important tasks at hand.
To put it simply – you just need to come up with an effective product idea and once that is done, you can easily gain access to an all-inclusive package of analytical, consulting, design, marketing & development services via outsourcing.
Another challenge that gets addressed by outsourcing is the ability to get highlyskilled and talented professionals. In this case, you don’t get limited by geographical boundaries. Instead, you can set your primary tech talent criteria requirements which include professionalism and team skills. Even if your local tech talent doesn’t meet these requirements you can always go global and get a team that is perfect for your project’s needs.
Outsourcing enables you to gatheran ideal team for a project
For developing software, simply relying on developers that take care of coding and a team to deploys the product won’t suffice. You need more!
To make sure that your product launch goes smoothly, you need to hire UI/UX designers, business analysts, copywriters, QA engineers and many other kinds of professionals.
If you try to gather all these professionals for your startup i.e., hiring and setting up the infrastructure then it will require a ton of resources. And sometimes you might need specialists that deal with Ai & AR/VR. Finding these specialists in your local area or a neighboring city is time-consuming and resource-intensive.
This is where software developmentoutsourcing can help you gather a dedicated team filled with the right kind of professionals who hold years of expertise and are flexible enough to accommodate any new changes as they are communicated.
Enjoy Effective Communication & Collaboration within the team
This is another big advantage of software development outsourcing. Instead of spending time creating a team and integrating toolsto streamline communication & collaboration. Go for outsourcing.
This way you don’t have to waste your precious time setting up the infrastructure or integrating the tools. The third-party vendor and project managers take care of the needful.
How to choose a vendor for software outsourcing?
Did you know? There are close to 23 million developers all around the world. So, choosing an ideal outsourcing partner might seem like a tough task.
However, follow these simple steps to land that perfect software development outsourcing partner:
- Identify your requirements – it could be software, an application, a technology stack along with deadline ETA, platforms that will run your application etc.
- Search for candidates & third-party vendors based on your requirements.
- Either choose the candidates or the vendor after carefully going through their portfolio website, case studies and their Linkedin profiles. You can also refer to Google customer reviews and corporate blogs.
- After careful analysis of vendors and candidates, reach out to them to know about their expertise, security measures, certifications, communication style and charges.
- Once you finalize the vendor, discuss your software/product-related project with them. Get deadline ETA AND estimates on budget.
- You can also give the candidates or the vendors a test that should be completed within a stipulated time to check their competency.
This is how you set up and manage a software development strategy for your organization. ARSR is a prominent software development company in San Francisco that holds expertise in software development outsourcing services. ARSR’s reputable team has worked with startups, leading enterprises and Fortune 500 companies to deliver their high-quality software and products in the stipulated time.